1. A tent. Recommended, but not required, your family will probably want to set up a tent for their base camp or to get in a quick snooze when activities wrap up! All tents are allowed and will be setup on the soccer fields at Heritage Park.
2. Proper attire. We will be doing lots of games across the park, so a good pair of tennis shoes will be needed as well as sporty attire. We recommend bringing an extra pair of clothes or two so you can change if you get a little messy with some of our competitions. Also, check the weather to make sure you are dressed appropriately! It will get colder as the night goes on, so bring warmer clothes for later in the night.
3. Snacks and drinks. We will be providing dinner from 7-8pm as people are arriving and setting up tents, but you may want to bring water bottles, extra drinks, or any snacks you may want throughout the night. We will have some snacks throughout the night, but make sure you stay hydrated with plenty of water!
4. Sleeping bag, blankets, air mattress, etc. You will want somewhere cozy to camp out the night on. Hammocks are also encouraged, especially if the weather is not too cool!
5. Chairs, coolers, and other camp site necessities. Bring some folding chairs, coolers, and other things to personalize your camp site.
6. Lanterns, flashlights, etc. You may need them for some of our games or to get around the park during the campout. Cell phone flashlights will also work, but make sure your phone is charged in advance!
7. NO matches, lighters, fire logs, or anything fire related. The City of Cullman is currently in a drought, and the State of Alabama has issued a no-burn warning for most of the state. Therefore, we will unfortunately not be able to have any camp fires or fires of any kind at the event. Just bundle up if you need to keep warm!
Family Campout Itinerary
7pm-7:45pm – Set-up tents, serve dinner, and play free games (corn hole, Jinga, checkers, etc.)
7:45pm – 8:45pm – Opening family v. family games:
· Build tallest structure with marshmallows and noodles (15 minutes)
· Paper airplane contest for distance (10 minutes to build, then race)
· Tug of war contest
8:45pm – 9:15pm – Sand Castle Building Contest
9:15pm – 10:00pm – Scavenger Hunt Contest
10:00pm – 10:15pm – Snack break and free games
10:15pm – 10:45pm – Family Feud/Trivia Contest
10:45pm – 11:30pm – Capture the Flag
11:30pm – 11:45pm – Snacks and free games
11:45pm – 12:15pm – Story Time
12:15pm – 7:00am – Sleep!
7:00am – Departure
For more information, feel free to contact us at 256-734-9157 or by email at email@example.com.
Marketing, Programs, & Events Coordinator
Cullman City Parks & Recreation