Spring is just around the corner, which means fun nights at the ball park with friends, family, and your favorite lawn chair! Ball season means time for making new friends, learning new skills, and enjoying the greatest game every played! So, what is so special about CP&R’s baseball, softball, and t-ball programs? Here are eight reasons your family will have a ball with is this Spring!
8. Facilities. CP&R features some of the most award winning facilities in the country at Heritage Park and the Field of Miracles. In 2013, both of these parks were recognized nationally by the United States Specialty Sports Association as the number one complex of the year. Our staff take pride in our facilities and strive to ensure that the parks are in premium condition for all Spring ball games.
7. Experienced Coaches. CP&R seek out the best coaches in the area! All of the CP&R volunteer coaches are instructed by college and high school coaches on drills, practice layouts, technique, and game strategy. Over 70% of coaches are returning from years past and committed to teach young athletes the basics of the game.
6. Full service concession stands for athletes and spectators. A night at the ball park isn’t complete without a Coke, hotdog, and a box of popcorn! CP&R offer the best concessions options for busy families that need to eat an affordable and quick dinner before games. Our concession stands also offer your athletes favorite snacks, such as: PowerAde, sunflower seeds, and Double Bubble. You won’t have to make a special stop by the store before arriving to the games. We have everything you need, on site!
5. Front row seats for the whole family. The Heritage Park and Field of Miracles complexes feature large sections of bleachers on first and third base lines of the field. While some facilities feature outdated seating (or, none at all) we are proud that we can provide the best seats in the house for everyone!
4. Lifelong friendships are created for you and your child. Many friendships that have stood the test of time, started in the CP&R baseball and softball fields. These athletes will make friendships that will last throughout their time in school, and their athletic career. In addition, parents will also get to know one another better and create lasting relationships.
3. Youth athletics is one of the biggest ways to teach life skills. Teaching your child hard work, dedication, sharing, teamwork, and social skills can all take place on the ball field. Youth sports are sometimes a child’s first experience playing on a team, and working together to achieve something bigger than themselves. The abundance of local parents, coaches, and staff positively impact youth to create the best experience and memories that can be taken away from the program.
2. Most competitive league in the area. The youth t-ball, softball, and baseball programs offer the most competitive leagues in the area. Some families drive almost an hour to play and participate in our leagues. Athletes that play with CP&R compete with some of the most competitive leagues in the state. These athletes will play more teams and undergo more strenuous training. If your child is looking to become a serious ball player, CP&R’s leagues are where you want to be! The All-Star teams will provide opportunities at the end of the regular season to continue competing at the highest level.
1. It’s fun for everyone! Who doesn’t love getting out of the house and meeting up with friends and family to watch a ball game? Parents, family, and friends will love watching the competition progress through the season. Athletes will love playing the game and interacting with teammates. Heritage Park and the Field of Miracles offer an atmosphere that is fun for everyone, and will take you back in time and serve up a little bit of nostalgia!
Baseball, softball, and t-ball registration is now open online at cullmanrecreation.org, or at the Cullman Civic Center. Cost is $90 which includes a uniform, hat, and trophy at the end of the season. Boys and girls ages 4-14 can register through February 15th. Practices will begin in March with games starting in April. Don’t miss out on this fun opportunity to make memories with the whole family! For any additional questions regarding registration, please call 256-734-9157.